Participatory development in education, health, governance
Action for Rural Education (A.R.E) is a local Ghanaian Non-Governmental Organization (N.G.O). For the past 10 years (A.R.E) has played a significant role in districts within Ghana to address the inaccessibility of health, education and governance. A.R.E uses various methods to facilitate community and grassroots level development.
To enhance access to quality social services and promote the participation of rural people in the democratic governance.
Increase access to the quality of education and leaning in schools
- Enhance the accessibility towards health care in rural regions
- Ensure that local participation reflect governance decisions
- Allow accountability, transparency, and equality to take place through the education, health and governance sectors
A.R.E’s Core Program:
- Advocacy for Increased Community Participation in Quality
- Basic Education (AICQUBE)
- Health, Education, Awareness and Literature (HEAL) project
- Citizens and Governance; Education For All
- Promoting Accountable Governance in Education Project